Hit the beach, slides and surf of Disney's two watery playgrounds. Splash into a world of fun and thrilling attractions for big kahunas and shore huggers of all ages.
Disney legend has it that after a freak winter storm blanketed the area with snow, Florida's first ski resort was born. When temperatures returned to normal, the powdery snow turned to slippery slush. Slalom courses, bobsled and toboggan runs became downhill waterslides. The chair lift carried swimmers instead of skiers. The ski jump became the tallest, fastest waterslide in the nation.
You are invited to what has become Disney's Blizzard Beach, the most slushy, slippery, exhilarating beach water park anywhere!
- Chairlift - Scale the slopes in a colorful, fanciful wooden chair lift with umbrellas and dangling skis. Hop aboard this one-way access to the top of Mount Gushmore for access to Summit Plummet, Slush Gusher, Teamboat Springs, Toboggan Racers and Snow Stormers.
- Cross Country Creek - Kick back and "chill" in an inner tube on this gently meandering river that flows around the entire Park. Bask in the warmth of the sun. Use the Creek as a transportation system to effortlessly get from one area of the Park to the next or just ride along and watch the world drift slowly by.
- Downhill Double Dipper - Shoot the tube and blast down the slopes at 25 miles per hour in these side-by-side speed slides. Hop on your inner tube and disappear into a tunnel before remerging seconds before your splashdown. These two parallel 230-foot-long racing slides are a slippery good time.
- Meltaway Bay - Take a dip in the gently bobbing waters of this bay that is fed by the melting snow run-off from Mount Gushmore. The expansive one-acre pool is great for those who want to wade in and just get their feet wet or take an invigorating swim. Pounding waterfalls make a great retreat when you really need a refreshing plunge.
- Runoff Rapids - Take your choice of three incredible inner tube rides that careen down the hill into a refreshing plunge pool. Each flume is different, so try all three! One is completely enclosed, while the others are open. All three twist and turn on tantalizing water-logged journeys down the banks of Mount Gushmore!
- Ski Patrol Training Camp - Make a real splash at this training camp play area, designed especially for pre-teens. Swoosh down inner-tube slides, slide hanging from a T-bar, whisk down curvy slides and take a challenging ice-flow walk across floating icebergs.
- Slush Gusher - Speed down the 90-foot tall Mount Gushmore in a slush-banked mountain gully. Two humps create brisk fun-filled ups and downs on your journey to the bottom of the mountain. Launch down the slopes in the shadow of Summit Plummet.
- Snow Stormers - Speed down the slopes in switchback slalom-style racing slides. Bank through the curvy path marked by ski-type gates. Choose from one of three different downhill racing courses. Hop on your mat and compete with your friends. Meet in the plunge pool at the bottom of the course and hop out of the water to start all over again!
- Summit Plummet - Look out below! Dare to take the vertical plunge from the top of the world's tallest and fastest free-fall body slide. At an exhilarating height of 120 feet, this sky-scraping ski jump of a thrill ride drops you down the slopes at a speed-limit-breaking 55 miles per hour for a 360-foot long trip back to the lower atmosphere.
- Teamboat Springs - Bring the whole gang aboard one of the longest family raft rides in the country. Twelve hundred feet of white water and rushing waterfalls make the twisting, turning journey from the top of the mountain to the bottom a giggling, screaming adventure. Three- to six-passenger inner tubes ensure that the family that rafts together, laughs together!
- Tike's Peak - Little kids are invited to have mountains of fun in this water play area. The youngest Blizzard Beach goers can slide, splash and swim while sunning in the "snow" in this spot reserved just for them. Gentle body slides, an inner tube slide, interactive fountains, pop jets and a wading pool ensure a chillin' good time.
- Toboggan Racers - Race in one of eight side-by-side lanes that toboggan down the mountain. Hang on to your mat and head down the slopes. Exhilarating dips make your charge to the finish line an avalanche of fun.
Disney legend has it that a furious storm once roared across the sea, hurling surfboards into trees, blowing small boats through roofs and impaling a shrimp boat on a peak of a great volcanic mountain. Left in the typhoon's wake was a water park filled with twisting tides, roaring rapids, wonderful waterways and relaxing rivers.
Whether you are navigating the nine exhilarating waterslides and streams or conquering one of the world's largest artificially created waves, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon promises the most wild, wonderful and wet water adventure known to man or fish.
- Castaway Creek - Ease into the tropical retreat of this meandering creek that winds its way around the entire Park. Relax on an inner tube as your gentle journey takes you through cool mists and grottos, rain forests and waterfalls.
- Crush 'N' Gusher - Defy gravity as gushing, crushing jets of water rush your raft through this exceptional coaster experience. Discover a surprise around every corner as you slip and slide at each suspense-filled climb, turn and breathtaking plunge. Surge as the torrents deliver exactly what you want: wild, wonderful white-knuckle thrills!
- Gang Plank Falls - Get carried away aboard these four-person giant inner tubes for the whole family! Enjoy the view on your way down, but be on the look out for special water effects and rock formations. Whoosh through caverns dripping with water on this crazy curvy course, and laugh your rafts off!
- Humunga Kowabunga - Triple your pleasure by riding one of three enclosed speed slides that send adventurers zooming in a blaze of water to a splashy surprise ending. Whip downhill, dropping five stories in seconds, in enclosed flumes, where you can't see where you're going until you get there!
- Keelhaul Falls - Take a tropical whitewater adventure as you slip and slide your way past incredibly craggy scenery in this rush of a twisting trip. Grab your inner tube and set off down the mountain; as if you could stop! It's a roaring rapid ride through a cavernous palm-lined course that cuts a curving path to fun!
- Ketchakiddee Creek - An interactive world of pint-sized slides, fountains, and water falls designed specifically for young children. Romp on sloshy slides, fun-filled fountains, watery whales, slippery seals, an interactive lushly leaking tugboat and a mini ripply-rapids ride. Little squirts love the adventures that are just their size in this children's water play area. It's a little wateropolis of splashy fun!
- Mayday Falls - Plunge into the fun on the longest waterslide in the Park. Travel through caves and waterfalls aboard your own personal inner tube as you swirl down the mountain in the shadow of the famed stranded shrimp boat, "Miss Tilly." Grab your raft — the swervy, curvy watery good times are waiting. It's a rush!
- Shark Reef - Swim into a tank with real live sharks and schools of tropical fish. This saltwater adventure takes place on a reef around an overturned sunken tanker. Non-swimming Guests can even go inside the tanker and observe the sharks through portholes. Sink your teeth into this exciting excursion!
- Storm Slides - Race 30 miles per hour down a winding waterway on your way to plunging into a refreshing pool. Choose from three high-octane body slides: the Jib Jammer, Stern Burner or Rudder Buster. This tangled trio of twisting waterslides offers waves of excitement, caves, waterfalls, geysers and a more than three-story drop. It's a "swell" time.
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool - Take a dip in the azure blue waters of one of the world's largest wave pools. The surf's up all day long as body-surfing enthusiasts catch waves toward the sandy shore. Dive into the excitement, languish in the gentle waters farther from the action or lounge on the white sand beaches. Whichever you choose, you can always listen to the shrieks of delight every time a wave heads for shore. Surf's up!